Currently, a growing number of clients choose to work with outsourcing companies that provide a dedicated team of experts and regularly use this type of interaction. A dedicated development model entails expanding your operation by adding dedicated software developers that are dedicated to just your business. This type of team is known as “dedicated” because of their intense concentration and continuous work on the client’s project.
You can improve your capacity for software development, gain access to advanced technical skills, and develop your software application with the aid of our team extension services at Digital One Agency. To make sure that the development adjustment time does not interfere with the completion of your project, the teams follow strict deadlines. If you’re unsure how or where to find a competent, committed software development team, this blog has the answers you need. Digital One Agency offers the services of software engineers, designers, and developers and facilitates the relationship between the customer and the dedicated software development team.
What is a dedicated software development team?
A dedicated software development team can vary from one to fifty developers gathered solely to design, build, and execute a long-term project to effectively meet your unique business objectives. This approach entails incorporating a virtual team from the vendor’s office into a client’s software project. The vendor creates a specialised development team from the ground up and tailors it to the client’s project as it selects the members of the devoted development team, the number of professionals, and their work schedule. This dedicated software development team is made available to the client for a specified amount of time. The customer or a team member representing the organisation may oversee the job.
This team is similar to an in-house team in that they are essentially your employees. However, unlike employees, you do not have to deal with administrative, human resources, taxes and social benefits difficulties with a specialised team. To reiterate, a dedicated team model gives you a hand-picked expert team focused on completing a single project or multiple projects at scale. Furthermore, all additional employee-related costs are already included in our pricing.
What are the benefits and disadvantages of hiring a dedicated software development team?
- Saving time: Because the team is focused solely on your company’s project, they can work tirelessly on it, and because several individuals are working on different areas of it, the project will be finished more quickly.
- Meeting deadlines: Because there is a committed team that is overseen by the vendors and is closely scrutinised, projects will be finished by the deadline.
- Reducing expenses: This is accomplished by outsourcing to countries with lower development costs.
- Having access to professionals: Your dedicated development team’s hand-selected experts are knowledgeable in their respective fields and are capable employees.
- Quick scaling: As a result of outsourcing, organisations can expand quickly and accomplish more tasks. This makes adding or growing the required team easier, or when needing to down size much simpler.
- More control: You can adjust the team according to specific tasks, goals and milestones.
It is important to evaluate this team’s limitations before opting to employ a dedicated software team;
- Time zones: Digital One have developers dedicated to most time zones so your hired team is available during your business hours. In rare circumstances there maybe some time zone differences or holiday time differences.
- Communication issues: this could be due to time zones or language barriers (communication takes place via online communication platforms like zoom, email, Skype, slack, phone or your preferred methods).
The countries we service at Digital One Agency include:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
We accept payment in your local currency, at no extra cost and without hassle’s of overseas transfers. We are equipped with simple banking transfers within your country.
Who Is On A Dedicated Team?
Your team’s exact makeup will depend on the demands of your business. Consequently, your development team might include
- Front-end developers;
- Back-end developers;
The backend developer specialises in the design, implementation, functional logic, and performance of a system that runs on a machine that is remote from the end-user. The back end of a website is made up of a server, an application, and a database, and a back-end developer helps to build and maintain these components. By doing this, they are enabling the user-facing side of a website to exist. Their development skills are in PHP, Laravel, ASP.NET, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Scala, and Go.
- Full stack engineers
A full-stack developer does both the front-end and back-end work for a site. They have the skills that are required to create a fully functioning website, web app, mobile app or custom software integration. Being a full-stack developer will open up more opportunities providing development for both the server side and client side. The skills a full stack developer would has consists of a combination of front-end and back-end developers. A full stack developer should be able to set up Linux or Windows servers, write server-side APIs and client-side code, power an application and turn a design eye to CSS.
- Mobile developers
Mobile developers write code for applications that run on mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. Mobile developers only started to become popular after the boom of mobile devices in the mid 2000s and the growth of the smartphone market. A mobile developer understands mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android and the environment and frameworks used to create software on these systems. They have various development skills, such as Java, Swift, Objective-C, application programming interfaces (APIs), web development languages, and cross-platform mobile suites. Hybrid solutions like Flutter, Xarmin, React, and others.
- UX/UI designers,
UI/UX designers are professionals who work on all aspects of the design process. A UX (user experience) designer is concerned with the complete product acquisition and integration process, including branding, design, usability, and function. All of the screens that comprise a digital user interface, as well as the individual items presented on those panels, are designed by UI designers. Their goal is to develop user interfaces that look fantastic, accurately express the brand, and are simple and entertaining for the user to manage.
- DevOps engineers,
“DevOps refers to a collection of processes that integrate software development and IT operations. It seeks to reduce the systems development life cycle and enable the continuous delivery of high-quality software. Working in tandem with Agile software development, numerous DevOps features stem from the Agile approach.
- Quality assurance specialists
A Quality Assurance Specialist is a specialist who is in charge of monitoring, inspecting, and recommending corrective or preventive steps to ensure that an organisation’s final goods satisfy defined quality standards.
- Business Analysts;
A business analyst is someone who analyses data to process, understand, and document business processes, products, services, and software. A business analyst’s role is to ensure increased business efficiency through expertise in both IT and business functions.
- product managers;
A product manager is a person who identifies the consumer demand and bigger company objectives that a product or feature will serve articulates what success for a product looks like, and gathers a team to make that project a success.
- Project Managers;
The primary responsibility for designing, carrying out, overseeing, controlling, and wrapping up projects falls on project managers. They are responsible for the full scope of the project, the project team and resources, the project budget, and the project’s success or failure.
- Other Support Members
You have the option of hiring a single expert or an entire team of developers who are experts in all relevant fields.
How do you build a dedicated development team?
- Defining the requirements:
Giving information about your organisation can help with the recruitment of developers who are a good fit in terms of the corporate culture. By identifying your final goals, creating a budget for each step, and specifying your criteria, you will be able to better organise the recruiting and product development processes, making it simpler to find the ideal dedicated software development team.
- Interviews with experts:
Some firms supply specialist software development teams and their agents. For example, Digital One Agency is a firm that can supply you with a customised software development team that will meet the unique demands of your organisation.
- Start your own dedicated software development team:
If you carefully selected team members or hired a business to discover your dedicated software development team, chances are your dedicated development team will be a success. At this time, your engagement in the project is crucial. Set up processes and interact with team members regularly.
- Set KPI and complete surveys:
Key Performance Indicators allow you to assess an employee’s performance. These variables determine the company’s capacity to meet its objectives. It is critical to select and compute which KPIs would effectively measure the success of a certain member of a specialised team. The benefits of the KPI tool’s capabilities for members of a specialised software development team are evident – you don’t have to check how the managers perform hourly. Controlling the KPI requires only doing the calculation at the beginning and conclusion of each month.
Conducting periodic surveys enables you to evaluate the success of the dedicated software team that you have retained.
Who should hire a dedicated development team?
- Startups: If you’re a young startup with growth potential, consider hiring a dedicated development staff. It will enable you to swiftly assemble a team, save money on hiring procedures, and accelerate product development. If you go with the Dedicated Team option, you will only pay for what you require, which is ideal for a startup atmosphere.
- Projects With Ambiguous Specifications: When your concept does not have a product that can serve that market and requires a discovery stage, a specialised team is the best choice of action. Because the discovery stage serves as the foundation for the project’s whole development process, it may take months of testing and interviews to eventually settle down. The dedicated team approach gives you the time and resources you need to focus on the discovery stage without worrying about overpaying.
- Lengthy Projects: The dedicated team model is appropriate for difficult long-term projects with growth potential. In this circumstance, speed is critical, and having a specialised staff of engineers is an excellent option and will help you along the way. Within a committed team, you can be confident that the individuals you begin working with will see the project through to completion.
- A new IT company in need of further skills: In this case, the Dedicated Team model can provide a speedy extension of your development skills with professionals, allowing a small tech firm to gain clients and begin operations. As with startups, you will only pay for your specialised staff when you need its services, and you will save on other costs that come with employing staff full time.
What to consider before hiring a dedicated software development team:
Before beginning the hiring process, your company must be organised, comprehend what it needs from outside assistance, and plan out the following:
- Describe the precise abilities and capabilities you require from the devoted development team.
- Choose how much you can afford to pay the team each week or month.
- Put together the necessary tools for your project.
- Before the project begins, set the deadlines.
- Make sure there are team-building exercises and no impediments to communication.